CHILLIWACK CURLING CLUB
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Oct. 27th, 2008
Vice President Larry LeGault called the regular meeting of the Board of Directors to order on Oct. 27th, 2008. 9 directors were present.
- Moved by Jane Arden, seconded by Jane Adam the Sept. minutes are adopted as reviewed. Carried.
- Letter from Monday Night Ladies concerning repairs needed in upstairs
- Letter read concerning slow play.
- Letter re: poinsettia fundraiser.
- Monthly financial report handed out and reviewed.
- Moved by Lenneke Bowles seconded by Jane Adam the financial report be
adopted as reviewed. Carried.
Manager’s Report: Bruce Renwick
- Dues are posted to date.
- Masters spiel went well, good job in organizing
- Ice maintenance this weekend also cleaning of walls. Help Needed.
- Energy saving things can be done in compressor room.
- Looking for spare stones/new stones. (capital grant)
Building and Maintenance:
- Cameras and warning signs are posted in parking lot.
- Moved by Jamie Newton seconded by Laura Watson to spend up to $1,100
+ taxes to replace window coverings. Carried.
- Ramp is done for backroom.
- Work bench is being built by Bill Nash.
- Insulation being done by Les Friesen, wiring by Jim Kirkey, plumbing by
Dallas Senft. A big Thank You to those volunteers.
- Curtains are here for the backroom doorway.
- Some ceiling tiles and vent covers to be replaced.
Bonspiels and Draws:
- 10 teams so far for the Fall Spiel Nov. 7th.
- 12 teams for the Stick Spiel Nov. 29-30.
Finance and Funding Committee:
- Capital Grants to be done by end of Nov. To be discussed at next meeting.
Memberships and Social:
- Top Dog is Keith Britz. 35 people participated in contest.
- Upstairs has been decorated for Halloween.
- Moved by Jane Arden seconded by Dennis Bailey we accept membership
requests by: Rob Garf, Pat Graham, Susan Halcrow, Jacqui Hall,
Karen Jarvis, Cathy Meeres, Kathy Person, Bob Pisatcky, Denise Robinson,
Neil Sulkers and Leonard Town. Carried.
Advertising and Sponsorship:
- Will follow up on non payment of invoices at end of month.
Junior Curling and Clinics:
- Clinics were well done.
- Optimists clinic 13 younger kids, World Jr. Rep. attended
- League numbers are down, HELP NEEDED.
- 2 juvenile teams going to playdowns
- 1 junior girls’ team to go to playdowns
- Good comments so far.
- Building of backroom has caused a few issues in cleanliness, airflow.
- Business of Curling workshop was held Sat. from 8:30am - 5:00 pm and
Sunday from 8:30am – 12:00pm.
- Good workshop, intense, lots of ideas and well organized.
- Planning committee to be formed. Jamie, Dick, Jane, Jane and Wendi Prinse.
- Involve non-board members who attended workshop.
- Strategy Plan – 5 year – to be formulated and submitted to Jack Bowman.
- Mission Statement to be made.
- Adult emergency first aid course was held. One day course, very useful.
- Recommended we get mouth to mouth masks for CPR. also vinyl gloves.
- Re: Ladies washroom, soap dispenser has been replaced and mirrors ordered.
Reply letter will be given to Monday Night Ladies.
- Re: slow play, talk to teams concerning their slow play.
- Ice Maker contract to be reviewed/adjusted.
- Parking Lot issues of poor lighting and need of paving. Keep sending letters
to city council.
- Discussion concerning volunteer recognition and membership recruitment.
- Moved by Laura Watson seconded by Dennis Bailey to adopt in principal the
concept of “Club Bucks”. Carried.
- Volunteer recognition: Wendi Prinse to head committee, Laura Watson will
work on committee.
- League Liaison: Larry and Chris to work on finding reps. and organizing.
- Portfolios for committees are needed.
Vice President’s Remarks: Larry LeGault
Past President’s Remarks: Dick Allan
Next Board Meeting is: Nov. 24th. At 7:00 pm
Vice President Larry LeGault adjourned the meeting at 8:50 pm.